Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to calculate a "current week" when it doesn't 'start' on a Sundayor Monday?

I have a tracking sheet for a team whose reporting period is Thursday-to-Wednesday. I'm trying to write a function or macro that can filter all items in a list to show the current week, but based on that Thu-to-Wed structure.

So, for example

A1 is Fri, Sep 18
A2 is Wed, Sep 23
A3 is Mon, Sep 7

If I was running the function today (Mon, Sep 21), I'd want to filter it to show the Sep 18 and Sep 23 dates - since they fall within the range of the "current week" for this team, but not the Sep 7.

Hope that makes sense. I just need something where Excel will look at the current date, figure out where it is in relation to the coming Wednesday, and show me all dates (including today) that fall from the previous Thursday to that upcoming Wednesday.

Date math! Aagh!

Thanks in advance for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Mon, 21 Sep 2015 10:06:10 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

A1 is Fri, Sep 18
A2 is Wed, Sep 23
A3 is Mon, Sep 7

please look he
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2cxlsm
for "Date Filter"
You have to download the file because macros are disabled in OneDrive.
There are 3 helper cells in the sheet which contains TODAY and the start
and the end of the week. The macro filters the dates from D2 as start to
E2 as end.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Monday, September 21, 2015 at 1:55:07 PM UTC-4, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi,

Am Mon, 21 Sep 2015 10:06:10 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

A1 is Fri, Sep 18
A2 is Wed, Sep 23
A3 is Mon, Sep 7

please look he
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2cxlsm
for "Date Filter"
You have to download the file because macros are disabled in OneDrive.
There are 3 helper cells in the sheet which contains TODAY and the start
and the end of the week. The macro filters the dates from D2 as start to
E2 as end.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

Great, many thanks for your help!