-   -   Excel INDIRECT or CONCATENATE ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/450802-excel-indirect-concatenate.html)

[email protected]

Excel INDIRECT or CONCATENATE ?

I am struggling with either INDIRECT or CONCATENATE in (Excel 2003 or 2007 I have access to either).

Using a multi sheet workbook, every month I have to go through each sheet and change the row reference in a cell formula. Thought INDIRECT or CONCATENATE could generate a volatile reference for me.

If in Sheet 1 (Sheet Name FOW) cell A1 I put the current month row reference (same on each sheet eg 23) and on each sheet in cell A2 I put that sheets column reference (they vary - AB, BT, CZ etc.), then a cell in each each sheet should be able to have a volatile cell lookup based on current sheet cell A2 concatenated with Sheet1 cell A1

If I put text in the cells =CONCATENATE(A2,FOW!A1) I can get the CONCATENATED reply (eg JohnDoh) but cannot workout how to get this into a formula.To return the cell value. Where FOW!A1 is 23 and A2 is CZ. The simple cell reference is =CZ23.

Each month I go through each sheet changing =CZ23 to =CZ24 then =CZ25 etc, and on the next sheet =BT23 to =BT24 then =BT25 and so on.

Any assistance appreciated.

Paul
PS Sure it cannot be as difficult as I am making it.

simnamsinh

Mã giảm giá Lazada [/color]Mã giảm giá Lazada giúp giảm thêm 100.000 VNĐ trên đơn hàng của bạn kể cả các mặt hàng bạn đang mua đã được giảm giá, nhấp vào đy để xem coupon ...