Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting specific number following decimal point in a row

Hi Everyone,
I have the following dataset

150.1 153.2 154.3 155.1 155.1 157.1 157.4

I would like to count how many cells have 0.1 given the condition that they are between those cells that start with 0.3 and end with 0.4

So in the above example the answer would be 3.

I tried COUNTIF function but am having trouble.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Cherian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tuesday, 24 March 2015 07:11:22 UTC+11, wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I have the following dataset

150.1 153.2 154.3 155.1 155.1 157.1 157.4

I would like to count how many cells have 0.1 given the condition that they are between those cells that start with 0.3 and end with 0.4

So in the above example the answer would be 3.

I tried COUNTIF function but am having trouble.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Cherian

Could you try to explain this a bit more clearly? You start off with a particular dataset, but then it seems this dataset is just an example ("in the above example ..."). So what does a typical dataset for your problem look like? Are the numbers always ordered from left to right? Is there always one number ending in .3 and later one ending in .4? And are you only looking at the numbers after the decimal points?

Howard