-   -   Comparing grade data across sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/450657-comparing-grade-data-across-sheets.html)

compelly

Comparing grade data across sheets

I am focusing on creating a spreadsheet that will compare students' grade data throughout the year. That means, on sheet 1 with be September - December, sheet 2: January - April, sheet 3: April - July.

I want to be able to compare whether has student has improved or declined in two categories Category 1: Effort (A*-E), Category 2: Attainment (1-6)

So student x could get B 2 for Maths in Autumn, but A 3 for Maths in Spring. I want my spreadsheet to highlight green for the improvement of B to A and then red for the decrease to 3.

I'm having trouble with creating something that will conditionally format the whole data across two sheets, I managed to do it for one student's attainment cells, but am not sure how to do it for all at once. Also, there is the issue of stating that A* is greater than an A etc.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Different students grades will be shown like this, with different subjects across the horizontal axis (so to speak)

Effort Attainment
C 3
A 2
B 3
C 3
B 2
C 3
A 2
B 3

Any help is greatly received!

GS[_2_]

Comparing grade data across sheets

My StudentGradesManager app handles per semester at the instructor
level, per year at the admin level. The admin worksheet summarizes by
semester for Avg, GPA, and letter grade, thus 3 cols per semester. It
uses the MIN()/MAX() functions to do similar to what you want. Perhaps
you can look at using those on a consolidation (summary) sheet?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc