Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Countifs across multiple columns using OR

Don't know why I am having troulbe figuring this out. In the data below:

Emp FT/PT City Plan State Plan
Joe Full Time Plan1 PlanB
Carrol Full Time No Plan PlanA
Ted Full Time Plan2 No Plan
Alice Part Time Plan2 PlanC
Victor Full Time No Plan No Plan
Carla Part Time Plan 1 Plan C
AJ Part Time No Plan No Plan
Bob Full Time Plan 3 No Plan

I'd like to count all instances where there is either a city plan or a state plan (or both), and the employee is Full Time. So, in this example, the answer would be 4, as only Joe, Carrol, Ted, and Bob meet this criteria.

Thank you,

tim