-   -   An Eye for an Eye Are Are | Excel IRR_NEW function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/450298-eye-eye-%7C-excel-irr_new-function.html)

Discounted Dollar

An Eye for an Eye Are Are | Excel IRR_NEW function

I am one of people from the selected group of testers who were given the opportunity to test the new financial functions in upcoming Excel 2015 or 2016.

One of these functions, the IRR_NEW Excel function seems too confusing to me so I showed it to a friend of mine and asked him to explain all the new options in this function as compared to the older IRR function.

He couldn't figure it out either.

So someone here from Microsoft would like to explain the difference between the older IRR Excel function and the latest IRR_NEW Excel function.

And how come we had to wait for 24 years to get this IRR_NEW Excel function as I recall not only Excel but almost all other financial software have the same old IRR functions.