-   -   difference between two cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/450194-difference-between-two-cells.html)

jeromeUAE

difference between two cells

Looking to find the correct formula to find the difference between two cells. For further clarification, this is the closing price (of a stock) on one day versus the opening price the next day, so I am looking to see what the difference is and if it is negative or positive.

For example - I have used:

= IF(B34C33, (B34-C33), (C33-B34) )

which seems to work just fine except that the result, when a negative value, is not shown as such.(no minus sign) I would like to display any negative values in red with a minus sign.

Claus Busch

difference between two cells

Hi,

Am Mon, 7 Jul 2014 16:10:11 +0100 schrieb jeromeUAE:

Looking to find the correct formula to find the difference between two
cells. For further clarification, this is the closing price (of a stock)
on one day versus the opening price the next day, so I am looking to see
what the difference is and if it is negative or positive.

=C33-B34 and format as number with red negative values

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

jeromeUAE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus Busch (Post 1618069)
Hi,

Am Mon, 7 Jul 2014 16:10:11 +0100 schrieb jeromeUAE:

Looking to find the correct formula to find the difference between two
cells. For further clarification, this is the closing price (of a stock)
on one day versus the opening price the next day, so I am looking to see
what the difference is and if it is negative or positive.

=C33-B34 and format as number with red negative values

Regards
Claus B.

--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

Thanks - I was being really stupid here - just a matter of opening my eyes - thanks anyways got it sorted now