-   -   File won't open. Error message "too many different cell formats" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/44973-file-wont-open-error-message-%22too-many-different-cell-formats%22.html)

baytulsa

File won't open. Error message "too many different cell formats"

I saved a file to day. When I tried to reopen I got the error message above.
How can I open the file?

Dave Peterson

Saved from a previous post:

XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats

And if you ever have trouble opening this file, you may want to try openOffice.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

A few people have posted that they could open the file in OpenOffice, then
remove some of the formatting, save it and then excel would open that file ok.

--

Dave Peterson