Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Drop Downs, Index Match or what?

if you have strings like St 1, St2 then these strings have clear

indices. So you can put them in an array and call it by index.

Regards

Claus B.

Okay, I did notice that it was called a bit different than the other Materials.

And now I am hung up on adding Copper, which I thought is the same as the original Materials, such as:

HDPe 50 PN 6.3 PE100
HDPe 50 PN 8 PE100

Copper 5 CP 1
Copper 5 CP 2

So I tried to just duplicate the workings of HDPe for Copper but again it errors out at the:

With Target.Offset(, 1).Validation...

with Formula1:=myStr

myStr = ""

I've marked all the added Copper code line I inserted with '/****

I'm trying to mark examples of how to add new materials for the future maintenance of the code.

So if the Helper Sheet format addition looks like the "Steel" addition then duplicate the code lines marked with '//.

And if the format looks like the "Copper" addition then duplicate the code lines marked with '/****.

It looks to me that these two Helper Sheet formats are all we are dealing with, is that true as you see it? (With Steel being the single exception to all the rest)

Link to my "Copper" addition attempt:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bj5l8pbxpw...xlsm%20v1.xlsm

Howard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Howard,

Am Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:24:04 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

And now I am hung up on adding Copper, which I thought is the same as the original Materials, such as:

please look he
https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=9378A...121822A3%21326
for workbook "Copper"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

please look he

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=9378A...121822A3%21326

for workbook "Copper"
Regards

Claus B.

That works, as of course you already know.

The REVERSE Drop Down workbook was quite easy to add additional Materials.
And I noticed in the dependent DV drop down "refers to" Indirect formula using substitute so one is not bothered with spaces in the range names.

I think all is good to go, I thank you and sorry for all the spoon feeding I needed.

Regards,
Howard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Howard,

Am Wed, 23 Oct 2013 01:45:44 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

I think all is good to go, I thank you and sorry for all the spoon feeding I needed.

never mind.
Where do you come from? You often ask while I am sleeping

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

..

never mind.

Where do you come from? You often ask while I am sleeping

Regards

Claus B.

I am in Eugene, Oregon USA.

And nice touch with the new photo, the red rock arch formation in the back ground looks a lot like a Park in the state of Utah not all that far from where I live.

Howard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The most useful table you can get is if you put the most important

criteria for choosing a product in column A. The second one in column B

and so on. Do you know the importance order of the criteria?

No, I do not. The general, theme as I understand it, is to assure a proper match of Material, diameters (both inside and outside) to safely accommodate the nature of the fluid along with pressures and flow rates, with the last column supplying the cost per unit.

Howard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:10:44 AM UTC-7, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Howard,

Am Wed, 23 Oct 2013 06:41:40 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

No, I do not. The general, theme as I understand it, is to assure a proper match of Material, diameters (both inside and outside) to safely accommodate the nature of the fluid along with pressures and flow rates, with the last column supplying the cost per unit.

then the ID will also be important.

Yes, I would expect so.

Howard