-   -   Extracting data from database into separate sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/449271-extracting-data-database-into-separate-sheets.html)

Icehockey44

Extracting data from database into separate sheets

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

i have a database, which I am trying to extract data out of and pop onto monthly sheets.

Baiscally it for a visit schedule over a 12 month period from ownership. So we will have 6 visits a year, each visit has different tasks to be carried out.

So I need all the jobs that require a visit in Aug-13 regardless of what number visit it will be, populated into the Aug-13 tab, and so on.

when I do this, the formula that I am using leaves blank rows until Aug-13 appears in a certain cell. This is no good due to the top of the spreadsheet being empty, will data population further down, results in the engineer missing these visits.

the formula that I have been using is as follows:

IF('Master'!$I4="Aug-13",'Master'!A8,"")

I have attached an example for what i would like the report to look like.

If you have any suggestions on how I would get this sorted, they would be very much appreciated.

i would prefer Excel formula's, but marcos or VBA would also be an option, although I am not too up to gether on the later 2, and the person using the spreadsheet is a beginner excel user.

I look forward to all of your suggestion

Donna

Howard Silcock

On Thursday, 19 September 2013 23:35:34 UTC+10, Icehockey44 wrote:
[...]

|Filename: Database Data Division less blanks 1.zip |

|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=913|

Icehockey44

Are you still interested in some input for this problem? I just came across your post and have some ideas, but I see it was sent months ago.

Howard