-   -   Copy text into blank rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/448962-copy-text-into-blank-rows.html)

lizexcel

Copy text into blank rows

Hello,

This is my first post here, I decided to sign up as I have a problem and the answers on here are usually good!

Is it possible to use an Excel function to copy text spanning a random number of blank rows, as shown below? (* used for spacing and to indicate blank rows)

Col A*****Desired Column B
Apple*****Apple
*********Apple
*********Apple
Banana***Banana
*********Banana
Carrot****Carrot
Damson***Damson
*********Damson
*********Damson
*********Damson
*********Damson
More text*More text
*********More text

etc

Claus Busch

Copy text into blank rows

Hi,

Am Thu, 4 Jul 2013 14:02:22 +0100 schrieb lizexcel:

Is it possible to use an Excel function to copy text spanning a random
number of blank rows, as shown below? (* used for spacing and to
indicate blank rows)

Col A*****Desired Column B
Apple*****Apple
*********Apple