-   -   Macro to change referenced column to the next one (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/448816-macro-change-referenced-column-next-one.html)

slvrd

Macro to change referenced column to the next one

I am currently attempting to insert 2 form control button (forward and backward) to change the referenced cells in my formulas to the next column of referenced worksheet. Ex. I am currently referencing data from sheet1!$C$2 but want to change this to sheet1!$D$2 but for a variety of different row values. Obviously find/replace works but I was hoping to have just a button that doesn't require the user to actually input any value for the desired column but rather move column by column forward or backwards.

Any Suggestions?

I attempted to upload pdfs of a basic idea of the spreadsheet but wasn't able to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Claus Busch

Macro to change referenced column to the next one

Hi,

Am Tue, 28 May 2013 13:04:42 +0100 schrieb slvrd:

I am currently attempting to insert 2 form control button (forward and
backward) to change the referenced cells in my formulas to the next
column of referenced worksheet. Ex. I am currently referencing data from
sheet1!$C$2 but want to change this to sheet1!$D$2 but for a variety of
different row values. Obviously find/replace works but I was hoping to
have just a button that doesn't require the user to actually input any
value for the desired column but rather move column by column forward or
backwards.

please post your formula and give more infos about "variety of
different row values"

Regards
Claus Busch
--