-   -   Dynamic Ranges Adding Extra Row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/448773-dynamic-ranges-adding-extra-row.html)

KeriM

Dynamic Ranges Adding Extra Row

I'm trying to set up dynamic ranges (with mixed text/numeric data) using the following base formula:

=OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A),1)

I have a header in the first row, so I want to start my range an A2. When I change the first reference to $A$2; however, the range goes one more row than it needs to. I've also tried to set the row offset to 1 and it still adds the extra row. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Claus Busch

Dynamic Ranges Adding Extra Row

Hi Keri,

Am Thu, 16 May 2013 18:16:30 +0100 schrieb KeriM:

I'm trying to set up dynamic ranges (with mixed text/numeric data) using
the following base formula:

=OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A),1)

try:
=OFFSET($A$1,1,,COUNTA($A:$A)-1)

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

KeriM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus Busch (Post 1611880)
try:
=OFFSET($A$1,1,,COUNTA($A:$A)-1)

Thank you! That solved it! :)