-   -   Comparing two lists (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/448750-comparing-two-lists.html)

RB[_2_]

Comparing two lists

Hello,

I have to compare two list and no vlookup does not work on this:
On list 1, I have the names of people and cities that they visited.

Eg. James New York
Dallas
Houston
Seattle
Mary Phoenix
San Francisco
Austin
Portland

List 2 has the names of the same people but not all the names of the cities they visited

Eg. James New York
Dallas

Mary Austin
Portland

So I know that james and Mary visited other cities but they aren't listed on list 2

I need to compare the two lists and identify on list 2 the names of the cities that are on list 1 that they visited

Thanks!