-   -   Copy entire row from another sheet onto first sheet if a unique text matches (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/448399-copy-entire-row-another-sheet-onto-first-sheet-if-unique-text-matches.html)

Smeghead

Copy entire row from another sheet onto first sheet if a unique text matches

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f83y17dedajbsz8/example.xls

There is an example workbook for what I want to do.

There is the first sheet, which I basically use to put copy the data from the other sheets onto sheet 1 (Main). The other sheets have all the data I am concerned with, and each row has a unique code (e.g. Fruit01, Pie01, Juice01 etc.).

What I want to be able to do is TYPE in the unique code into any cell on column D of sheet 1. If the code typed matches any of the existing codes in any of the sheets available, then that entire row will be copied onto sheet 1.

Being able to copy the £ sign isn't important, as I forgot that I won't actually have any special symbols on my actual worksheet I'm trying to get this on.

Hope that makes sense.

Gizzmo

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smeghead (Post 1610295)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f83y17dedajbsz8/example.xls

There is an example workbook for what I want to do.

There is the first sheet, which I basically use to put copy the data from the other sheets onto sheet 1 (Main). The other sheets have all the data I am concerned with, and each row has a unique code (e.g. Fruit01, Pie01, Juice01 etc.).

What I want to be able to do is TYPE in the unique code into any cell on column D of sheet 1. If the code typed matches any of the existing codes in any of the sheets available, then that entire row will be copied onto sheet 1.

Being able to copy the £ sign isn't important, as I forgot that I won't actually have any special symbols on my actual worksheet I'm trying to get this on.

Hope that makes sense.

Hi SmegHead,

Not sure if this helps but see my slightly rework example. Note it has been converted to 2010.xlsx hopefully you are able to use.

Regards,

Gizzmo