-   -   Compare last digit in 5 cells for match (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/448374-compare-last-digit-5-cells-match.html)

Excelkid

Compare last digit in 5 cells for match

I have 5 cells A1, A2, A3, A4 and A5. Each cell has a number in it. I would like to be able to compare the last digit of each cell for a match, and how many matches I have. The answer would go in cell A6. Example: 21,23,27,32,94=0 no match Example 2: 6, 9, 29, 66, 71 =2 the 6 has a match and so does the 9. Not sure if this is possible. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Gizzmo

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Excelkid (Post 1610217)
I have 5 cells A1, A2, A3, A4 and A5. Each cell has a number in it. I would like to be able to compare the last digit of each cell for a match, and how many matches I have. The answer would go in cell A6. Example: 21,23,27,32,94=0 no match Example 2: 6, 9, 29, 66, 71 =2 the 6 has a match and so does the 9. Not sure if this is possible. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Hi ExcekKid,

See the attached file hopefully this works for you, it uses the SUMPRODUCT function.

Regards,

Gizzmo