-   -   Limit to MOD function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/448242-limit-mod-function.html)

[email protected]

Limit to MOD function

I have discovered that the MOD funcktion apparently does not work for numbers larger than 268,435,455, as larger numbers return #NUM!. I do not seem to be able to find any documentation for this.

Can anybody help? Is there such a limitation, and is it documentet?

Jan

Claus Busch

Limit to MOD function

Hi Jan,

Am Sat, 23 Feb 2013 02:22:56 -0800 (PST) schrieb :

I have discovered that the MOD funcktion apparently does not work for numbers larger than 268,435,455, as larger numbers return #NUM!. I do not seem to be able to find any documentation for this.

Can anybody help? Is there such a limitation, and is it documentet?

I tested it and you are right. With larger number I get the error. But I
also can't find any documentation about this error. You can do a
workaround:
MOD(n, d) = n - d*INT(n/d)

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

[email protected]

Limit to MOD function

Thank you. I used the workaround and I also found an explanation:

http://excel.tips.net/T003302_Large_..._Function.html

Jan