Junior Member

Default help to remove space before the data

I have a problem, how to remove the spaces before and after the figure number.
two days I've searched but have not found the answer.

thank you

ricky
Attached Images

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Il giorno giovedì 21 febbraio 2013 20:53:47 UTC+1, Ricky Martin ha scritto:
how to remove the spaces before and after the figure number.
|Filename: Pro.JPG |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=769|

Hi Ricky,
try:
1. Select range
2. Data Text to Columns
3. (.) Delimited [Next]
4. [v] Space [Next]
5. (.) Do not import column (skip) [Finish]
--
Ciao!
Maurizio
Member

Hi

Formula approach for a couple of unwanted characters.
1: =TRIM(A1)
2: =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(160),""))
3: =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(32),""),CHAR(160)," ")

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Martin View Post
I have a problem, how to remove the spaces before and after the figure number.
two days I've searched but have not found the answer.

thank you

ricky
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurizio Borrelli View Post

Originally Posted by Kevin@Radstock View Post
Hi

Formula approach for a couple of unwanted characters.
1: =TRIM(A1)
2: =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(160),""))
3: =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(32),""),CHAR(160)," ")

Kevin
thanks to all of you guys, but honestly i dont know why it doesnt work :(

im upload my file, hope you can slove this thing

if you slove it, please let me know what happen to my data.

http://www.4shared.com/office/KDDpH0fw/Problem.html

thanks a lot
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Ricky,

Am Fri, 22 Feb 2013 10:46:52 +0000 schrieb Ricky Martin:

if you slove it, please let me know what happen to my data.

HTTP://WWW.4SHARED.COM/OFFICE/KDDPH0FW/PROBLEM.HTML

the posted link is not valid

Select your column D = Data = TextToColumns = Fixed width = Finish

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Ricky,
if =CODE(A1) result 160 try:
1. Select range
2. Data Text to Columns
3. (.) Delimited [Next]
4. [v] Other [ALT+0160(Tn)] [Next]

Il giorno venerdì 22 febbraio 2013 08:34:44 UTC+1, Maurizio Borrelli ha scritto:
Il giorno giovedì 21 febbraio 2013 20:53:47 UTC+1, Ricky Martin ha scritto:
how to remove the spaces before and after the figure number.
|Filename: Pro.JPG |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=769|

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Il giorno venerdì 22 febbraio 2013 15:14:17 UTC+1, Maurizio Borrelli ha scritto:
4. [v] Other [ALT+0160(Tn)] [Next]

Ops!

4. [v] Other [ALT+0160(Num)] [Next]

Num=Numeric Keypad

--
Ciao!
Maurizio
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Martin View Post
I have a problem, how to remove the spaces before and after the figure number.
two days I've searched but have not found the answer.
thank you
ricky
Ricky, try to do this:

B1 -- MID(A1,2,4)

Copy down to the other cells.
Please, tell me if it worked for you.
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
[...]

Originally Posted by Mazzaropi View Post
Ricky, try to do this:

B1 -- MID(A1,2,4)

Copy down to the other cells.
Please, tell me if it worked for you.
many don't work, i dont know what happen but now i have 2 problem

and i upload it www.mediafire.com/view/?ecc71y94v1zihdw

hope it work, honestly im tired of this, but i must finish this
i dont know what to say but, i know you guys can help me

thank you very much
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Ricky,

Am Sat, 23 Feb 2013 10:04:31 +0000 schrieb Ricky Martin:

many don't work, i dont know what happen but now i have 2 problem

and i upload it www.mediafire.com/view/?ecc71y94v1zihdw

try:
Find & Select = Replace = Find what: Alt+0160 = Replace with: nothing
= Replace All
or do it with VBA:

Sub RemoveSpaces()
Dim LRow As Long
Dim rngC As Range

LRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
With Range("A1:B" & LRow)
.HorizontalAlignment = xlGeneral
.VerticalAlignment = xlBottom
.Orientation = 0
End With

For Each rngC In Range("A1:B" & LRow)
rngC = Replace(rngC, Chr(160), "")
Next
End Sub

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Martin View Post
many don't work, i dont know what happen but now i have 2 problem and i upload it www.mediafire.com/view/?ecc71y94v1zihdw
hope it work, honestly im tired of this, but i must finish this
i dont know what to say but, i know you guys can help me
thank you very much
Ricky, Good morning.

If now do you want to remove all spaces in both columns try this one:

C1 -- =VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(160),""))
D1 -- =SUBSTITUTE(B1,CHAR(160),"")

Please, tell us if it worked for you now.
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzaropi View Post
Ricky, Good morning.

If now do you want to remove all spaces in both columns try this one:

C1 -- =VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(160),""))
D1 -- =SUBSTITUTE(B1,CHAR(160),"")

Please, tell us if it worked for you now.
im really sorry but its not working too, and i dont know why :(
Attached Images

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Martin View Post
im really sorry but its not working too, and i dont know why :(
Hiiiii alll i made it, i read a thread thats same problem too me and comment says "maybe its unbreaking space html" so i copy space from that data and paste to "find what" and replace all, and its WORKS..

i really appreciate to all of you, i dont know without you guys..

thanks thanks you so much
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Martin View Post
Hiiiii alll i made it, i read a thread thats same problem too me and comment says "maybe its unbreaking space html" so i copy space from that data and paste to "find what" and replace all, and its WORKS..
i really appreciate to all of you, i dont know without you guys..
thanks thanks you so much
Ricky, good afternoon.

I used the formulas that I suggested you before, in your example Workbook.
I believe that it worked.
Take a look at:
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Last edited by Mazzaropi : February 23rd 13 at 06:45 PM