-   -   Dro pdown list formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/44818-dro-pdown-list-formulas.html)

richy007

Dro pdown list formulas

I have a table of product and prices and i want to create a drop down list to
select product with a formulae in another cell that returns the relevant
retail price dependant on the product selected from the drop down list, with
another cell returning the cost price

Aladin Akyurek

Name Table the 2-column list of products and prices.

Data validate the cells of interest with Allow set to List and Source
set to:

=INDEX(Table,0,1)

Let A2 on some sheet be such a data validated cell. In B2 you can invoke:

=VLOOKUP(A2,Table,2,0)

to retrieve the price associated with the product selected in A2.

richy007 wrote:
I have a table of product and prices and i want to create a drop down list to
select product with a formulae in another cell that returns the relevant
retail price dependant on the product selected from the drop down list, with
another cell returning the cost price

Debra Dalgleish

You can use data validation to create a drop down list. There are
instructions in Excel's Help and he

In adjacent cells, you can use a VLookup formula to return the price
from your price list. There's an example he

http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List