-   -   Divide a # into 3 #'s rounded to a whole # (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/448134-divide-into-3-s-rounded-whole.html)

TreeHugger1

Divide a # into 3 #'s rounded to a whole #

I have a Cost that must be divided into 3 separate percentages that my company can bill against. We don't like to input any budget numbers into our accounting system that contain cents, so we round all of our numbers up or down manually so that they may be added up to equal the original total.

So if I have a cost of $17, and I have to divide it into 3 numbers (15%, 35%, & 50%), how can i create three separate formulas to automatically round the 3 numbers to the nearest whole dollar and still create a sum of $17?

Assume $17 = H35, 15% = H6, 35% = H7, & 50% = H8
I tried the following, which seems to not work for all total numbers:
=Rounddown(H35*H6,0)
=Roundup(H35*H7,0)
=Rounddown(H35*H8,0)

Any help would be appreciated

Paga Mike

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreeHugger1 (Post 1609159)
I have a Cost that must be divided into 3 separate percentages that my company can bill against. We don't like to input any budget numbers into our accounting system that contain cents, so we round all of our numbers up or down manually so that they may be added up to equal the original total.

So if I have a cost of $17, and I have to divide it into 3 numbers (15%, 35%, & 50%), how can i create three separate formulas to automatically round the 3 numbers to the nearest whole dollar and still create a sum of $17?

Assume $17 = H35, 15% = H6, 35% = H7, & 50% = H8
I tried the following, which seems to not work for all total numbers:
=Rounddown(H35*H6,0)
=Roundup(H35*H7,0)
=Rounddown(H35*H8,0)

Any help would be appreciated

With 17 in A1, In A2 thru A4, enter:

=ROUND(0.15*A1,0)
=ROUND(0.35*A1,0)
=A1-A2-A3

TreeHugger1

Wow, very easy. Thank you very much for the help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paga Mike (Post 1609193)