-   -   IF validation for time totaling (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/447877-if-validation-time-totaling.html)

JSmitty

IF validation for time totaling

Hi, I want to have a validation on a time sheet that if the lunch time is not entered then the daily total will not calculate.
The lunch time is entered in cell D15, the daily total is in cell D16. I need an IF validation that states if D15 is 0 then D16 will not total and be 0. D16 currently has a formula to add the times from the entire day together.
Just can't figure this one out, any ideas? Thank you

Claus Busch

IF validation for time totaling

Hi,

Am Fri, 21 Dec 2012 17:17:32 +0000 schrieb JSmitty:

The lunch time is entered in cell D15, the daily total is in cell D16. I
need an IF validation that states if D15 is 0 then D16 will not total
and be 0. D16 currently has a formula to add the times from the entire
day together.

try:
=IF(D15=0,0,Your Formula)

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Spencer101

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSmitty (Post 1608170)
Hi, I want to have a validation on a time sheet that if the lunch time is not entered then the daily total will not calculate.
The lunch time is entered in cell D15, the daily total is in cell D16. I need an IF validation that states if D15 is 0 then D16 will not total and be 0. D16 currently has a formula to add the times from the entire day together.
Just can't figure this one out, any ideas? Thank you

Hi,

=IF(D15="",0,InsertYourForumlaHere)