Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Testing a cell value for a specific weekday.

I either want to set up a data validation formula, or do something
similar to IF(ISBLANK()) kind of thing.

I want a cell called "week starting date" to be locked to only
Saturdays (or a numeric test where I can choose which day gets tested).

So the user would choose the 'week starting day' (or number) in one
cell, and then the formula would take that choice and validate entries in
another named cell.

Or simply raise a flag (message) if it isn't starting on a Saturday.

This makes my timesheet calendar begin with the right day first and
date the subsequent days correctly.
Member

Hi
Assuming A1 = week starting date cell and the date is in B1. The formula in A1: =IF(WEEKDAY(B1)=7,"Saturday","").

or something along those lines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellShocked View Post
I either want to set up a data validation formula, or do something
similar to IF(ISBLANK()) kind of thing.

I want a cell called "week starting date" to be locked to only
Saturdays (or a numeric test where I can choose which day gets tested).

So the user would choose the 'week starting day' (or number) in one
cell, and then the formula would take that choice and validate entries in
another named cell.

Or simply raise a flag (message) if it isn't starting on a Saturday.

This makes my timesheet calendar begin with the right day first and
date the subsequent days correctly.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

CellShocked;1608096 Wrote:
I either want to set up a data validation formula, or do something
similar to IF(ISBLANK()) kind of thing.

I want a cell called "week starting date" to be locked to only
Saturdays (or a numeric test where I can choose which day gets tested).

So the user would choose the 'week starting day' (or number) in one
cell, and then the formula would take that choice and validate entries
in
another named cell.

Or simply raise a flag (message) if it isn't starting on a Saturday.

This makes my timesheet calendar begin with the right day first and
date the subsequent days correctly.

Cool. Thanks. I'll work with that for a while.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Tue, 18 Dec 2012 06:28:23 -0800 schrieb CellShocked:

Cool. Thanks. I'll work with that for a while.

you can also choose Data = Data Validation = Custom and enter the
formula (for cell A1):
=WEEKDAY(A1)=7 for cell A1

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi again,

Am Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:34:01 +0100 schrieb Claus Busch:

you can also choose Data = Data Validation = Custom and enter the
formula (for cell A1):
=WEEKDAY(A1)=7 for cell A1

the cell can be custom formatted
[<8]General;dd/mm/yyyy
So you can enter 7 or any date for Saturday

Regards
Claus Busch