-   -   Evaluate Multiple Cells for any Value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/447665-evaluate-multiple-cells-any-value.html)

Billy Daniel

Evaluate Multiple Cells for any Value

If this has been covered previously I did not find it an searches. I have several cells that I need to evaluate. These cells are not side by side in columns but are on the same row. The cells will be blank except for one. After evaluation of all the cells, I need to return the value in the one cell that is not empty.

EX: A1=""; D1=""; M1=""; R1=May 5; Z1="".

In cell AA1 I need to return only the value in the non-blank cell which is cell R1.

How do I do this?

GS[_2_]

Evaluate Multiple Cells for any Value

Billy Daniel expressed precisely :
If this has been covered previously I did not find it an searches. I
have several cells that I need to evaluate. These cells are not side by
side in columns but are on the same row. The cells will be blank except
for one. After evaluation of all the cells, I need to return the value
in the one cell that is not empty.

EX: A1=""; D1=""; M1=""; R1=May 5; Z1="".

In cell AA1 I need to return only the value in the non-blank cell which
is cell R1.

How do I do this?

One way...

IF(LEN(A1),A1,IF(LEN(D1),D1,IF(LEN(M1),M1,IF(LEN(R 1),R1,Z1))))

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc