-   -   Validation of cell based on Drop down list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/447659-validation-cell-based-drop-down-list.html)

murtaza7210

Validation of cell based on Drop down list

I need to perform validation on column B depending on the selected dropdown value in column A....
I have column A with drop list whose value are
Sales Cash, Sales Credit, Purchase Cash, Purchase Credit...etc.
I want to perform validation on column B if the selection in column A is
Sales Cash, Sales Credit then column B should accept a positive value 0,
else if the selection in column A is Purchase Cash, Purchase Credit then column B should accept a negative value <0

Claus Busch

Validation of cell based on Drop down list

Hi,

Am Fri, 16 Nov 2012 08:17:18 +0000 schrieb murtaza7210:

Sales Cash, Sales Credit then column B should accept a positive value
0,

else if the selection in column A is Purchase Cash, Purchase Credit then
column B should accept a negative value <0

select your range in column B = data validation = custom:
=IF(LEFT(A1,5)="Sales",B10,B1<0)

Regards
Claus Busch
--