-   -   Vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/447568-vlookup.html)

CH Coffieid

Vlookup

I am using a vlookup to find a specific value in a 2 column array.
=VLOOKUP(E32,[B4]Resources!$A$2:$B$38,2,1). The problem is it returns the correct value sometimes and incorrect values at other times. Any suggestions?

Spencer101

Quote:

Originally Posted by CH Coffieid (Post 1607076)
I am using a vlookup to find a specific value in a 2 column array.
=VLOOKUP(E32,[B4]Resources!$A$2:$B$38,2,1). The problem is it returns the correct value sometimes and incorrect values at other times. Any suggestions?

Change the 1 at the end to 0.
1 (or TRUE) will make Excel look for a nearest match and will require the lookup array to be in ascending order. 0 (or FALSE) will ensure Excel looks for an exact match only.

Claus Busch

Vlookup

Hi,

Am Mon, 5 Nov 2012 19:26:26 +0000 schrieb CH Coffieid:

I am using a vlookup to find a specific value in a 2 column array.
=VLOOKUP(E32,[B4]Resources!$A$2:$B$38,2,1). The problem is it returns
the correct value sometimes and incorrect values at other times. Any
suggestions?

if you use false into the formula the columns must be sorted ascending

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2