-   -   Generate 1 or 0 in xls with input probability (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/447544-generate-1-0-xls-input-probability.html)

Morinne

Generate 1 or 0 in xls with input probability

I have a list of binomial probabilities (several events with potential outcomes 1/)), and I need to run multiple simulations of potential outcomes. Is there any xls function that can help me?

Spencer101

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morinne (Post 1606963)
I have a list of binomial probabilities (several events with potential outcomes 1/)), and I need to run multiple simulations of potential outcomes. Is there any xls function that can help me?

Are you trying to produce a set of zeros and ones at random?

If so, would =RANDBETWEEN(0,1) copied down for the requisite number do the trick for you?

Although not truly random, it's as close as Excel is going to get.

If I've completely missed the point of what you're trying to achieve (which happens!) perhaps you coud explain your need a little more...

plinius

Il 02/11/2012 02:39, Morinne ha scritto:
I have a list of binomial probabilities (several events with potential
outcomes 1/)), and I need to run multiple simulations of potential
outcomes. Is there any xls function that can help me?

Your probabilities in A1:A100
In B1
=IF(RAND()<A1,1,0)
and copy down