-   -   Preserving trailing zeros for a fixed width file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/447440-preserving-trailing-zeros-fixed-width-file.html)

Danielle[_2_]

Preserving trailing zeros for a fixed width file

Hi There, I've been working on this for what seems like forever.
Basically, what I am trying to accomplish is the copying of a Accounting field, $ 4501.00, into a file I will then be converting into a fixed width file in Access. I can't seem to preserve the trailing zeros when I move the data. It just copies over as such: 4501. This fixed width file will be used for posting dollars so 450100 needs to post and not 4501. Any ideas?

Also, I'm sort of new to this VB thing, I found that performing the conversion to fixed width to be easier in Access. What are your thoughts on using Access, compared to VB in excel?

Thanks a million.