-   -   Lookup Value From Sheet2 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/447376-lookup-value-sheet2.html)

dlawrie

Lookup Value From Sheet2

Hi,

I am creating a spreadsheet on Excel 2010 - which by the way I hate the new layout so confusing.

Anyway on sheet 1 I will be listing all my products details and creating barcodes for each product.

On Sheet 2 I have created various table for example I have a table that include category type and a Index Number.

What I need to happen on sheet one, when I create a new product under the category section I require a drop down list where I pick the chosen category for that product which then returns the Index number into a hidden cell for use in the barcodcode later on.

Can anyone help, i have been searching google for hours now and have got nowhere.

Spencer101

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlawrie (Post 1606352)
Hi,

I am creating a spreadsheet on Excel 2010 - which by the way I hate the new layout so confusing.

Anyway on sheet 1 I will be listing all my products details and creating barcodes for each product.

On Sheet 2 I have created various table for example I have a table that include category type and a Index Number.

What I need to happen on sheet one, when I create a new product under the category section I require a drop down list where I pick the chosen category for that product which then returns the Index number into a hidden cell for use in the barcodcode later on.

Can anyone help, i have been searching google for hours now and have got nowhere.

Hi,

Could you post an example worksheet?

(I hated the new layout of Excel 2007/10 at first too, but once you get used to it, it's not so bad)

CellShocked

Lookup Value From Sheet2

On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 20:08:34 +0000, dlawrie
wrote:

Hi,

I am creating a spreadsheet on Excel 2010 - which by the way I hate the
new layout so confusing.

Anyway on sheet 1 I will be listing all my products details and creating
barcodes for each product.

On Sheet 2 I have created various table for example I have a table that
include category type and a Index Number.

What I need to happen on sheet one, when I create a new product under
the category section I require a drop down list where I pick the chosen
category for that product which then returns the Index number into a
hidden cell for use in the barcodcode later on.

Can anyone help, i have been searching google for hours now and have got
nowhere.

No reason for a standard vlookup call to fail at getting data from a
hidden column. Maybe I am missing something.