-   -   Calculating days spent to complete a task (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/447227-calculating-days-spent-complete-task.html)

Noia

Calculating days spent to complete a task

Hi,

I am trying to calculate days spent to complete a task using three dates:

1 - Date task was logged
2 - Date of completion
3 - =TODAY() (and this is where I can't figure out the formula) IF there is no completion date entered, I would like it to calculate the days based on today's date

It would be ideal if this could also exclude weekends, however, this is not vital.

Your help is much appreciated!!!

Claus Busch

Calculating days spent to complete a task

Hi Noia,

Am Wed, 26 Sep 2012 11:51:39 +0000 schrieb Noia:

1 - Date task was logged
2 - Date of completion
3 - =TODAY() (and this is where I can't figure out the formula) IF there
is no completion date entered, I would like it to calculate the days
based on today's date

A1 is Start
B1 is End
Then try:
=NETWORKDAYS(A1,MIN(B1,TODAY()))

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Noia

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus Busch (Post 1605877)
Hi Noia,

Am Wed, 26 Sep 2012 11:51:39 +0000 schrieb Noia:

1 - Date task was logged
2 - Date of completion
3 - =TODAY() (and this is where I can't figure out the formula) IF there
is no completion date entered, I would like it to calculate the days
based on today's date

A1 is Start
B1 is End
Then try:
=NETWORKDAYS(A1,MIN(B1,TODAY()))

Regards
Claus Busch

Claus,

I am forever grateful - thank you so much!

noia