-   -   Have the SUMIF result (formula) on a separate sheet/tab (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/446818-have-sumif-result-formula-separate-sheet-tab.html)

jensfrees

Have the SUMIF result (formula) on a separate sheet/tab

My knowledge in excel is rather basic, but I did figure out how to make a SUMIF function work. My problem is that I can only make it work when I keep the formula on the same sheet where the numbers are. I would like it to be on a second tab (sheet). I have tried to insert Sheet1!, but it does not work. This is my little formula - could anyone possibly help my out? Thanks in advance!

=SUMIF(A2:A70,"Brazil",G2:G70)

joeu2004[_2_]

"jensfrees" wrote:
My problem is that I can only make it work when I
keep the formula on the same sheet where the numbers
are. I would like it to be on a second tab (sheet).
I have tried to insert Sheet1!, but it does not work.

[....]
=SUMIF(A2:A70,"Brazil",G2:G70)

Since you do not show how you inserted Sheet1, we cannot tell you what you
did wrong. Try:

=SUMIF(Sheet1!A2:A70,"Brazil",Sheet1!G2:G70)

Spencer101

Quote:

Originally Posted by jensfrees (Post 1604518)
My knowledge in excel is rather basic, but I did figure out how to make a SUMIF function work. My problem is that I can only make it work when I keep the formula on the same sheet where the numbers are. I would like it to be on a second tab (sheet). I have tried to insert Sheet1!, but it does not work. This is my little formula - could anyone possibly help my out? Thanks in advance!

=SUMIF(A2:A70,"Brazil",G2:G70)

The easiest way is rather than typing the cell ranges in, use the mouse to select them. So type in =SUMIF( then use the mouse to select the range. If that hapens to be on a different worksheet or even in a different workbook, Excel will add the required symbols to the formula for you.