-   -   How do I sort data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/446746-how-do-i-sort-data.html)

shrek

How do I sort data

Hi there

I have a workbook that has data in columns A- H and in column H some are marked "North"

What im trying to do is there the word "north" ends in column "H" I need all the following data in columns A-H moved to columns J-P.

Any help appriciated

Spencer101

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrek (Post 1604264)
Hi there

I have a workbook that has data in columns A- H and in column H some are marked "North"

What im trying to do is there the word "north" ends in column "H" I need all the following data in columns A-H moved to columns J-P.

Any help appriciated

Hi,

Google how to use "Advanced filter" with "Move to another location".

This should help with what you need.

zvkmpw

How do I sort data

I have a workbook that has data in columns A- H and in column H some are
marked "North"

What im trying to do is there the word "north" ends in column "H" I
need all the following data in columns A-H moved to columns J-P.

I'm not exactly sure what's required, but maybe this would help get started.

In J1 put
=IF(RIGHT($H1,5)="north",A1,"")
Then extend this formula to Q1. Then extend J1:Q1 downward as far as needed.

(The title of the post mentions sorting, but the requirement seems not to involve any sorting.)