-   -   Vlookup not locating file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/446738-vlookup-not-locating-file.html)

TMao

Vlookup not locating file

I am trying to do a basic Vlookup from a separate workbook but the workbook will not be referenced. The one I am referencing is in an older version of Excel. Not sure why this is not working.

Spencer101

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMao (Post 1604244)
I am trying to do a basic Vlookup from a separate workbook but the workbook will not be referenced. The one I am referencing is in an older version of Excel. Not sure why this is not working.

This happens because of the different maximum row length between .xls and .xlsx files.

What error message do you get?