Old December 1st 14, 11:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lock Cell After Data is Entered on Particular Cell

On Sunday, June 24, 2012 5:30:21 PM UTC+5:30, Moideen wrote:
We are maintaing an excel sheet for expense details, After Entering the
data on Amount Coloumn Need to Lock The Amount Coloumn with Password.
Please help me.

Coloumn 1 Coloumn 2 Coloumn 3

Date Item Name Amount

--
Moideen

Dear all,

i want to lock the excel spread sheet after cell entry , (lock the cells one by one )

Old December 30th 14, 08:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sunday, June 24, 2012 7:38:06 PM UTC+5:30, Gord Dibben wrote:
First...........select all cells on sheet and format them to unlocked.

Add this event code to the worksheet module.

On Error GoTo enditall
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Cells.Column = 3 Then
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"
n = Target.Row
If Me.Range("C" & n).Value < "" Then
Me.Range("C" & n).Locked = True
End If
End If
enditall:
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme"
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

When you enter a value in column C that cell will become locked for
editing.

Gord

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 12:00:21 +0000, Moideen
wrote:

We are maintaing an excel sheet for expense details, After Entering the
data on Amount Coloumn Need to Lock The Amount Coloumn with Password.
Please help me.

Coloumn 1 Coloumn 2 Coloumn 3

Date Item Name Amount

Thanks , i need one more clarifications. once entered the data in cell give the lock of each column respective row.

if possible please post.

thank you for the support
Old December 10th 16, 08:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

i want cell lock after input automatically in google drive....

can any one send the process....
Old July 21st 17, 01:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote:

We are maintaing an excel sheet for expense details, After Entering the
data on Amount Coloumn Need to Lock The Amount Coloumn with Password.
Please help me.

Coloumn 1 Coloumn 2 Coloumn 3

Date Item Name Amount

Hey Gord, I'm managing a google sheet which is shared with the staff of my cousin's hotel and I've to lock the sheet in order to restrict them from editing the pre-existing data of the sheet afterwards but let them add data into the sheet. Is there a way to get these thing automatically done and still let them to add details?
I don't need the sheet to password protected.
Old July 21st 17, 05:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote:

We are maintaing an excel sheet for expense details, After Entering the
data on Amount Coloumn Need to Lock The Amount Coloumn with Password.
Please help me.

Coloumn 1 Coloumn 2 Coloumn 3

Date Item Name Amount

Hey Gord, I'm managing a google sheet which is shared with the staff of my
cousin's hotel and I've to lock the sheet in order to restrict them from
editing the pre-existing data of the sheet afterwards but let them add data
into the sheet. Is there a way to get these thing automatically done and
still let them to add details? I don't need the sheet to password protected.

Google Sheets is not Excel; it's their own app! They do provide a very good
online help so look there first.

Essentially, though, set the user input cells "Locked" property to inlocked,
then protect the sheet. Usually, using the 'Tab' key will navigte from input
cell to input cell if protection allows to not select locked cells.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Old October 1st 17, 11:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sunday, June 24, 2012 at 5:30:21 PM UTC+5:30, Moideen wrote:
We are maintaing an excel sheet for expense details, After Entering the
data on Amount Coloumn Need to Lock The Amount Coloumn with Password.
Please help me.

Coloumn 1 Coloumn 2 Coloumn 3

Date Item Name Amount

--
Moideen

Dear Sir,

I want to lock the cells after editing couple of ranges. is it posible to lock the cell after edit the range i.e. A:A. and locked the cell after 2 hours automatically.