-   -   Formula for dynamic data organiztion (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/446323-formula-dynamic-data-organiztion.html)

Dr_Gzus

Formula for dynamic data organiztion

1 Attachment(s)
I apologize if the title is cryptic... I've been at this for days and I've tried so many formula combinations that I'm not sure what to call this anymore.

The attached sheet probably explains it best, but basically I have a dynamically updating spreadsheet that allows end-user-defined attributes + categories for those attributes, and their definitions and placement are all user-driven. The end result is the percentage-ordered doughnut chart that has weighted categories as the base and the attribute scores that comprise each category encircling it. (I know, pies and doughnuts are bad, bad, bad).

I need to get the attribute scores sorted by (1) category weight then (2) high to low... AND aligned in ONE column. Plus I need the attribute names next to the ordered data so I can make the chart. What formulas do I need in the two right-most columns?

Thanks!

Edit: I have the first two columns under "What I want" figured out already.

Edit: I resorted to a copy-paste.value-sort VBA solution that will do the trick. Not as elegant as I would have liked, but it's time to move on.