-   -   search cell for specific text. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/445854-search-cell-specific-text.html)

vonsharkel

search cell for specific text.

Hello everyone!

I hope that one of you can help me with the following challenge (Excel 2010):

I need to search a cell (text) for three specific strings of text (so one of the values needs to be in place)(might be in between other text) and if that cell holds one of those three specific text strings then print that string in another cell.

I have searched the internet and i cannot seem to find the sollution for this.
I really hope that one of you can help me with this because i'm stuck on this.

Very very kind regards,

Tom.

GS[_2_]

search cell for specific text.

vonsharkel formulated on Monday :
Hello everyone!

I hope that one of you can help me with the following challenge (Excel
2010):

I need to search a cell (text) for three specific strings of text (so
one of the values needs to be in place)(might be in between other text)
and if that cell holds one of those three specific text strings then
print that string in another cell.

I have searched the internet and i cannot seem to find the sollution for
this.
I really hope that one of you can help me with this because i'm stuck on
this.

Very very kind regards,

Tom.

Have a look at the FIND() function in the online help.

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc