Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
W W is offline

Default Yield to Maturity

I am perplexed why does the Yield to Maturity function need to be fed an
"issue date" as a parameter? If I invest in a bond today with maturity of
2/1/2013 and the bond sell for 80% of par and has a 5% coupon, why would I
care about an issue date? The formula is:

YIELDMAT(settlement,maturity,issue,rate,pr,basis)