-   -   MODE isn't working properly. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/44362-mode-isnt-working-properly.html)

M Keeler

MODE isn't working properly.

I am trying to find the mode of my array, but I want it to return nothing if
there is no number which occurs most often. Instead, they give me the first
number which appeared.

For example:

MODE(4, 3, 4, 3) will return 4, and
MODE(3, 4, 4, 3) will return 3.

Is there some way I can fix or bypass this?

Biff

Hi!

Try this:

Entered as an array using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=IF(LARGE(FREQUENCY(A1:A4,A1:A4),1)=LARGE(FREQUENC Y(A1:A4,A1:A4),2),"",MODE(A1:A4))

Biff