-   -   Formatting cells is not retained when saved as csv file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/44258-formatting-cells-not-retained-when-saved-csv-file.html)

sheba0907

Formatting cells is not retained when saved as csv file

Hi!
When I create a new worksheet and format the cells as "text" so it retains
my input exactly as I input it & save it as a comma delimited csv file, close
it, reopen it, my formatting is not retained.

I went to this web site
http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages...CSV_Files.html

and followed the instructions, but the last instruction said to save as .csv
again, but after that, it still looses the formatting upon reopening the file.

Example:
I input data = 11200000000000000000
I save as .csv & when I reopen it now displays as: 12233E+19
And it doesn't retain any leading zeroes. I even put a single apostrophe in
front of the leading zero, it isn't retained.

I don't ever remember having this problem with older versions of Excel.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!