-   -   Using boolean function for color fill (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/44023-using-boolean-function-color-fill.html)

Kanchi

Using boolean function for color fill

By using a boolean function, i.e. if & then, is there a function I can use to
color fill a cell? For example, in cell A2, I wish to insert a command that
states if A2=5, then cell A2 gets color filled yellow.

Gary''s Student

Yes.

Use Conditional Formatting
--
Gary''s Student

"Kanchi" wrote:

By using a boolean function, i.e. if & then, is there a function I can use to
color fill a cell? For example, in cell A2, I wish to insert a command that
states if A2=5, then cell A2 gets color filled yellow.

Kanchi

Great, thank you for the information. It worked. I didn't even know about
this Conditional Formatting !!