Andrew of EIT

Default How many users can sucessfully use a shared excel workbook?

8 Users are sharing a workbook with multiple sheets over a 100MB Network with
HUB. While Saving, users receive the message that they can no longer access
the workbook as it is unavailable. It is not all the users all the time, but
some of the users some of the time - no particlular user experiences the same
thing on an on-going basis. No users are stopping the sharing of the
workbook.
Microsoft help states that "several" users can share a workbook. How many
is "several"? and is what is happening indicitive of too many users?
gearoi

I don't know what other people think, but I'd never trust 8 people with
one excel workbook... no matter what M$ say... sounds like a recipe for
disaster... I'm sure you have your reasons but I'd try a workaround like
using a database with built-in file locking. Maybe you're already using
ADOs or something, I don't know.

--
gearoi
gearoi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26576