-   -   Find out first Friday every month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/43394-find-out-first-friday-every-month.html)

noiseash

Find out first Friday every month

I have problem with writing the formula that copy the content of one
sheet to another first Friday every month, some second Friday every
month, third, fourth....etc.

What I want is, eg, in cell "A1" of sheet2
if (today=first Friday, sheet1!A1,"")

i don't know how to let the system judge if today is a first Friday of
this month or not. I write a formula like this:

if(weekday(today())=5,sheet1!A1,"")
But this only works for every Friday, not for First/Second...Fridays

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

--
noiseash
noiseash's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26629

Blue Hornet

See if this helps to get you started ... lawdoggy had a similar
problem.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...8131713933c75e

Ragdyer

You have a couple of answers in the misc. group.

Please don't multi-post!

RD

"noiseash" wrote in
message ...

I have problem with writing the formula that copy the content of one
sheet to another first Friday every month, some second Friday every
month, third, fourth....etc.

What I want is, eg, in cell "A1" of sheet2
if (today=first Friday, sheet1!A1,"")

i don't know how to let the system judge if today is a first Friday of
this month or not. I write a formula like this:

if(weekday(today())=5,sheet1!A1,"")
But this only works for every Friday, not for First/Second...Fridays

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

--
noiseash
noiseash's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401019

Bob Phillips

=IF(TODAY()==DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),1+7 )-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(TODAY(
)),MONTH(TODAY()),2)),"Sheet1!A1","")

--

HTH

RP