-   -   Excel Formula to determine if cells contain certain data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/43379-excel-formula-determine-if-cells-contain-certain-data.html)

C Anderson

Excel Formula to determine if cells contain certain data

Can anyone help me, I am really in need of a formula on how to deal with the
following setup:

A. Over various worksheets within my Workbook I am entering a Y or N.
B. On my totals page I need to be able to capture if a N entry has been
made by showing No.
C. If no N entries have been made I do not want to have anything shown.

Is there any formula that I can use to show this.

Michael

One way
=IF(COUNTIF(Range,"=n"),COUNTIF(Range,"=n"),"")

HTH
Michael Mitchelson

"C Anderson" wrote:

Can anyone help me, I am really in need of a formula on how to deal with the
following setup:

A. Over various worksheets within my Workbook I am entering a Y or N.
B. On my totals page I need to be able to capture if a N entry has been
made by showing No.
C. If no N entries have been made I do not want to have anything shown.

Is there any formula that I can use to show this.

Bob Phillips

No need for =n, n suffices,

=IF(COUNTIF(range,"n"),"No","")

--