-   -   hide the returned value "false" I have submerged zero values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/43374-hide-returned-value-%22false%22-i-have-submerged-zero-values.html)

Ms Trish

hide the returned value "false" I have submerged zero values

Although I have submerged zero values, and hidden formulas, the cell still
displays "false" when the if statement has not been met. How can I have the
word "false" submerged.

Biff

Hi!

Use a return of zero in your IF function when the logical test is FALSE.

An alternative, use conditional formatting to hide them.

Conditional Formatting:
Cell value is: equal to: FALSE
Set the font color to be the same as the background color

Biff

"Ms Trish" <Ms wrote in message
Although I have submerged zero values, and hidden formulas, the cell still
displays "false" when the if statement has not been met. How can I have
the
word "false" submerged.

Peo Sjoblom

=IF(A1=X,200,"")

meaning if the condition is not met return blank

adapt to fit

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)