-   -   Is there any way to disable the "getpivotdata" automatic formula? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/43368-there-any-way-disable-%22getpivotdata%22-automatic-formula.html)

BGN

Is there any way to disable the "getpivotdata" automatic formula?

In Excel 2003, I notice that when I reference a cell in a Pivot Table for a
formula outside the table, Excel assumes that I want to use the GetPivotData
formula. Then, I am unable to drag the formula cell, as the the values in the
formula are locked. Is there any way to disable this function or change to a
regular formula (such as by pressing F4 to freeze or not freeze references).
I relaize that I can manually type in the reference, but this takes much
longer.

Thanks.

Debra Dalgleish

There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button
to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

BGN