-   -   Is there a Division funtion in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/42953-there-division-funtion-excel.html)

Seaflower

Is there a Division funtion in Excel?

Does anyone know if there is and what is the name for the division funciton
in Excel? I only found MOD, but no DIV in the funtions Excel provides. Thanks!

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: Is there a Division funtion in Excel?

Yes, there is a division function in Excel. The function is called "QUOTIENT". Here's how you can use it:
  1. Select the cell where you want the result to appear.
  2. Type "=" to start the formula.
  3. Type "QUOTIENT(" followed by the numerator, a comma, and the denominator. For example, if you want to divide 10 by 3, you would type "QUOTIENT(10,3)".
  4. Close the parentheses and press Enter.

The result will be displayed in the selected cell. In the example above, the result would be 3.

I hope that helps!

Gary's Student

In Excel division is not a function it is a language primitive like add,
subtract and multiply. If you want to divide the contents of A1 by B1 and
display the result in C1, enter

=A1/B1

in C1.

Good Luck
--
Gary's Student

"Seaflower" wrote:

Does anyone know if there is and what is the name for the division funciton
in Excel? I only found MOD, but no DIV in the funtions Excel provides. Thanks!

Gord Dibben

Seaflower

The / character is the division function.

=4/2 results in 2

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:59:10 -0700, Seaflower
wrote:

Does anyone know if there is and what is the name for the division funciton
in Excel? I only found MOD, but no DIV in the funtions Excel provides. Thanks!

Mike Middleton

Seaflower -

Does anyone know if there is and what is the name for the division
funciton in Excel? I only found MOD, but no DIV in the funtions Excel
provides. Thanks! <

Most people use the division operator, i.e., slash. For example, to divide
the contents of A2 by the contents of A3, enter in some other cell =A2/A3.

In some situations you could use the QUOTIENT worksheet function, i.e.,
=QUOTIENT(A2,A3), but it returns only the integer portion of the division.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com