-   -   Paste question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/42757-paste-question.html)

SteveR

Paste question

I have a spreadsheet in which I have added one piece of code to a VB module
(GetFormula). This file also contains many formulas. Other than those two
things, I just have straightforward data and formatting in various cells.

Now when I try to paste into this sheet from another file, I get a VB message:

"File not found"

If I click OK, this message appears:

"Microsoft Excel cannot paste the data"

However, the data is pasted into the target cell(s).

If I click Help, this topic appears:

"Can't find specified file."

What's going on?

SteveR

I figured it out -- copying and pasting between multiple instances of Excel
is apparently undependable. When I open up both of my spreadsheets within
the same instance of Excel, copy/paste behave normally.