-   -   Invoice Numbering (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/42635-invoice-numbering.html)

thecashman

Invoice Numbering

How can I set up automatic sequential invoice numbering across multiple
worksheets but in the same workbood? I have all my customers set up on
individual worksheets and would like to assign an invoice number when I
print. Then would like the next time I print possibly a different worksheet
to print the next number up from the previous number that was assigned to the
last invoice.

JE McGimpsey

Take a look at

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html

In article ,
"thecashman" wrote:

How can I set up automatic sequential invoice numbering across multiple
worksheets but in the same workbood? I have all my customers set up on
individual worksheets and would like to assign an invoice number when I
print. Then would like the next time I print possibly a different worksheet
to print the next number up from the previous number that was assigned to the
last invoice.

thecashman

Does this work considering my worksheets are not templates?

"thecashman" wrote:

How can I set up automatic sequential invoice numbering across multiple
worksheets but in the same workbood? I have all my customers set up on
individual worksheets and would like to assign an invoice number when I
print. Then would like the next time I print possibly a different worksheet
to print the next number up from the previous number that was assigned to the
last invoice.

JE McGimpsey

It will if you use the Workbook_BeforePrint event. For example:

Dim ws As Worksheet
Cancel = True
Application.EnableEvents = False
For Each ws In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
ws.Range("B1").Value = NextSeqNum
ws.PrintOut
Next ws
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

In article ,
"thecashman" wrote:

Does this work considering my worksheets are not templates?

thecashman

OK, I'm not sure what is going on.....I would like to start at a value of 1
and then get the next sequential number to print in cell G3 across all
worksheets. Value to change only when an invoice is printed. But right now
with the number 1 starting in G3 and when I hit print...the value is deleted
in that worksheet only and it prints nothing. Actually its deleting any
value in that cell. Where do I put the starting number in the VBE. I'm
fairly new to this area of excel..and I only have myself to teach me..Thanks
for any help you can provide me. Or if you could provide me with the exact
macro I should insert that would be great. Thanks again

"thecashman" wrote:

Does this work considering my worksheets are not templates?

JE McGimpsey

The code I gave you was based on your also using the NextSeqNum macro
(placed in a regular code module), as in the example on my web page.

You can get a good introduction to macros at