-   -   Adding superscript in text function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/42620-adding-superscript-text-function.html)

JoeyZaZa

Adding superscript in text function

I use text functions all the time to add "active/live" numbers in sentances
within my financial models. Alot of the time I would like to add a
superscript to footnote these sentances more. Does any one know how to add
superscript to formulas in Excel?

Thanks!!!

JE McGimpsey

Formulas can't change formatting, including superscripting. You'd have
to use an event macro to replace the formula, and do the character
formatting.

It's usually easier to use an adjacent column with formatting set to
superscript. The column can be made very narrow to contain only the
footnote number.

In article ,
"JoeyZaZa" wrote:

I use text functions all the time to add "active/live" numbers in sentances
within my financial models. Alot of the time I would like to add a
superscript to footnote these sentances more. Does any one know how to add
superscript to formulas in Excel?

JoeyZaZa

Thanks JE... That's what I thought. Shame you can't...
Again thanks