-   -   Converting text to numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/42533-re-converting-text-numbers.html)

Sara

Converting text to numbers

Where would I get an add-in for this?

"Gary's Student" wrote:

Excel can only handle very small numbers. Less than 16 digits There are
commercial add-ins available to address this limitation
--
Gary's Student

"Sara" wrote:

I had a 16 digit number in excel stored as text. When I convert it to a
number the last digit becomes a zero. Is there anyway that I can fix this?

Bernie Deitrick

Sara,

What do you want to do (math-wise) with the sixteeen digit number?

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP