-   -   Please Help: Adding an equation to a range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/42362-please-help-adding-equation-range.html)

tobriant

Please Help: Adding an equation to a range

Is it possible to add an equation to a range of data? For example, I am
using the MATCH function to return the row number of a last value in a
specific column.

=MATCH(LOOKUP(9.9999999999E+100,'Data'!E:E),'Data' !E:E,0)

I would like to use this row number to establish a named range that
will adjust as a given set of data changes. For example, if the formula
returned 100, I need the named range to be A1 to K100.

Any different methods or suggestions?

--
tobriant
tobriant's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25155

Morrigan

Let's say you want to sum A1:K100 and the cell that returns 100 is L2,
you can try:

SUM(A1:INDIRECT("K"&L2))

Hope it helps.

tobriant Wrote:
Is it possible to add an equation to a range of data? For example, I am
using the MATCH function to return the row number of a last value in a
specific column.

=MATCH(LOOKUP(9.9999999999E+100,'Data'!E:E),'Data' !E:E,0)

I would like to use this row number to establish a named range that
will adjust as a given set of data changes. For example, if the formula
returned 100, I need the named range to be A1 to K100.

Any different methods or suggestions?

--
Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=399140

RagDyer

Check out Debra Dalgleish's web page on this subject:

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

--
HTH,

RD